Recycling is a way of life for many Americans, but some neighborhoods in Northern Virginia still don’t offer regular curbside pickup for bottles and cans, let alone the more exotic recyclables. Going in together for a dumpster rental in VA lets whole neighborhoods responsibly reduce, reuse and recycle, as well as cutting back on the waste that would otherwise go into the regular trash.
The virtues of recycling have been gone over at length on TV and in various other media, but not everybody in America does it yet. This is too bad, because otherwise perfectly good recyclables are heading to communities’ limited landfills with every trash day, especially in places that don’t offer curbside pickup. By separating waste into regular trash and various recyclables, you can not only save this space; you can cut down on the load local waste companies have to haul and do your part to keep the environment healthy.
Types of Recyclables
Many different types of household objects can be recycled. Some familiar items can be easily remanufactured into useful consumer goods, while others are more exotic and take a bit of work. Examples of single-stream recyclables include:
- Paper: This is one of the more common materials to wind up in a recycling bin. Newspapers have declined in circulation, but there are still a lot of magazines, catalogs and piles of junk mail that can be broken down and used to make cellulose products such as construction paper and packaging material.
- Glass: Glass bottles and jars are familiar sights in a recycling bin, but that’s far from the only type of glass out there. Fiberglass is an insulating material that often gets thrown away with the rest of the garbage. With a little special handling, however, it can be recycled into many different second-chance glass products.
- Many types of plastics: Plastics vary enormously in their qualities, and not all of them are easy to recycle. Many still are, however, and these can often be put back into circulation more easily than virgin plastics can be spun out of liquid natural gas.
- Metal objects: Many people have cans and odd bits of metal lying around here and there. From aluminum cans to adult-sized bicycle frames, scrap metal is one of the most potentially lucrative streams of reusable material homeowners are likely to have around.
- Electronic equipment: Electronics can be recycled, but special handling is needed to do it safely. Most consumer electronics contain toxic chemicals, such as arsenic, that have to be extracted before the circuit boards are ready for reprocessing.
Recycling with a Dumpster Rental in VA
What all these types of recyclables have in common is that they’re easy to take care of by renting a 10-yard dumpster from ESI Waste. By sharing out the cost of a small dumpster, a whole neighborhood can overcome the lack of curbside service and toss reclaimable waste into one convenient receptacle. When the bin is full, just call ESI Waste, and one of our crews can be out to collect your dumpster rental in VA at your convenience.